Tuesday, January 22, 2008

In the Valley of the Wolffs

Wowie, what a whirlwind of a month since I blogged last. Let's start with Christmas Eve, when the 4 house mates plus Ryan Holeman decided it would be a "good" idea to go to three sushi place in one day. I was FULLY against this, as my stomach does not do well eating large quantities of food at one time. I am better grazing throughout the day. It's hard to describe the madness, but all was well upon going home and watching Die Hards all night long.

New Years Eve: The Most Amazing Night of my Life

Trust that I WILL be posting pictures up as soon as I can find my camera's cord.

This night began with me thinking that I had to work. I went in and it was dead, so I got to go home! When I arrived at the house, Ezra told me to hurry up and look cute, we are going to an amazing gay man's house for a party. You can imagine my joy. I love fabulous gays. We met up with Kimber and Eric at their awesome house and drank Kiera Knightly's favorite drink, Pink champagne. Kimber and Eric are awe-inspiring people. Kimber is absolutely GORGEOUS, dressing straight out of the 60s in L.A. She wears fabulous jewelry and is just beautiful. Eric loves horror movies and everything else cool, so it was only natural that the first time we hung out it was on our last night in town. Go figure. Anywho, we sipped champagne, popped a couple benzodiazapines and headed out to my future husbands house.

When I get there, I swear I stop breathing for a moment...this man lives in a Morroccan-style home and the walls are plastered with paintings and photos of HIM and him only (although I did stumble upon a Joan Collins biography, Le Sigh). I've never felt like I've belonged anywhere more in my entire life. I realized my life's goal. I was meant to be a beard. I would be utterly happy being some beautiful gay man's wife and never having sex with my own husband. Alas, this dream must be put on hold for right now because I am pretty happy with Ezra at this point. So, the party is all decked out with sushi, fresh fruits, nuts and an open bar. I shoved some Sophia Coppola champagne cans into my bag, so I was set up for the rest of the night. The last thing I remember is going up on his roof and stealing his highly expensive bedspread and wearing it as a cape. This was midnight. We stayed until 2:30. Ezra tells me that I threw up in his 14 carot gold sink twice and he had to scoop it out with his hands. I also made everyone in the party show me their private parts. I was "out of hand". I have never blacked out before and it is a very weird feeling when someone is showing you pictures of yourself doing things that you can't remember doing. I was trying to get people to make out and do various other sexual acts in front of me. Some actually did them. Jeez. Needless to say, this night was amazing and beat every other New Years Eve's that I had ever had.

Now we are pretty well settled into our humble abode in Austin. Living here has made me not so hopeless about my life. We have visitors coming almost every week for the next three months. That rules. I can't believe Karen is coming. Everything is coming up just peachy! Thanks for hanging in there with me.

No comments: